[talk-ch] Changes to HikingNetwork wiki page

René Buffat buffat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:27:13 CEST 2021

I don't think that this region was mapped according to the recent changes
of the wiki. Or at least not consistent. E.g. see
https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#route?id=12854777

I guess for the Door2Peak project there was pressure to map the area as
fast as possible without having too much thought on long-term
maintainability.

To be fair, this is also a herculean task for only a limited number of
mappers:
- Until recently, there was no high quality imagery for this region
available
- And the region has a low population density, thus the chances of missing
or not accurate ways is quite high
- A lot of hiking routes are in forests, and a useful dtm hillshade will
only be available next year, so probably the quality of existing ways in
forests is not ideal
- It is a large region and there is quite a dense hiking network combined
with that nearly nothing was mapped previously