[talk-ch] Volg - is it shop=convenience or shop=supermarket?

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Tue May 28 07:30:09 CEST 2019

I would also add the tag:
image=https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Volg#/media/File:2012-08-28_Regiono_Seetal_(Foto_Dietrich_Michael_Weidmann)_010.JPG
for the stores for which exists a photo in the Volg Commons category:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Volg

On this particular photo I can see that there is a bicycle parking rack
for 5+ bicycles near the shop, the car parking, the post box, and the
supermarket trolleys. It could be a useful information for a traveler
planning a trip to this town.
The HD image also could be handy for a mapper who is mapping say the
post boxes or bicycle parking racks, as it possible to see its exact
location and its capacity.

I remember I've made an aerial image for the Colovray Sport Center
Wikipedia article in the canton of Vaud:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_sportif_de_Colovray and I added the
link to this image on the OSM map:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/245395546

Then couple of years later I had to go to this sport center for the
Escalade race public training. And I already forgot if there was a
parking there. I looked on the map, saw that there is the parking
nearby, and also saw this parking and its entrances on the photo. So the
image was helpful even for me who had been there earlier and who made it.

Best regards,
Oleksiy