[talk-ch] Volg - is it shop=convenience or shop=supermarket?

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Mon May 27 21:31:29 CEST 2019

On Mon, 27 May 2019 at 16:29, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:

> * is shop=convenience sometimes preferable tagging for Volg?
> * is shop=supermarket sometimes preferable tagging for Volg?

I'd say it depends on how shop=convenience is defined. Unfortunately,
the definition on the wiki is not very clear to me.

If it's primarily about the size (the availability of push trolleys),
then some Volg shops are shop=convenience; some of them are smaller
than shops at petrol stations or train stations (smaller than 100 m²).

If it's primarily about the range of goods (the presence of
convenience food and single-serving food items ), then they are all
shop=supermarket.

I wouldn't call them neither convenience shop nor supermarket, but
village shop. However, we don't have such a tag.

Regards

Markus