[talk-ch] Tagging of 20min boxes

Toggenburger Lukas Lukas.Toggenburger at htwchur.ch
Mon Mar 25 07:51:23 CET 2019

Hi list

I'm looking for a tagging scheme for boxes where one can get the (free) 20min newspaper.

I made the following Overpass query https://osm.li/JRB to find candidates but it seems that there is no established tagging scheme yet. The main question is in what key to put the information about the name of the newspaper. In the handful of existing cases it was either put into "name=" or "operator=", both variants seem a bit off to me.

So it should be something like:

-----------------------
amenity=vending_machine
fee=no
vending=newspapers
newspaper=20 Minuten

Here the taginfo about the keys "newspaper=" and "newspapers=":
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/newspaper#values
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/newspapers#values

What do you think?

Best regards