[talk-ch] routing.osm.ch is routing via a motor_vehicle=delivery

Mon Apr 11 21:56:20 CEST 2016

Hi

On 11/04/16 11:17, Fred Jelk wrote:
> I can't find something about motor_vehicle=delivery in your link. I've
> just found something about motor_vehicle=destination. And this is solved.
Well delivery and destination is kind of the same, isn't it? I mean in
both cases you can use the street if your start or end is on that
street, but not otherwise (from the perspective of the router, at least)

> And I think, the problem with motor_vehicle=delivery is also solved in
> osrm... Have a look at my postet link:
> http://map.project-osrm.org/?z=15&center=46.895349%2C7.491045&loc=46.887827%2C7.496345&loc=46.881154%2C7.482033&hl=en&alt=0
> There its routing correct. Its just in routing.osm.ch where its wrong.

I don't think it is solved. Look at what happens if I put the start or
the end inside the "delivery" zone:
http://map.project-osrm.org/?z=18&center=46.886646%2C7.495382&loc=46.886580%2C7.495240&loc=46.881154%2C7.482033&hl=en&alt=0

So in contrast to what routing.osm.ch currently is doing (ignoring it),
it just blocks it like a "motor_vehicle=no". But I think I will do the
same on routing.osm.ch (blocking it like no), because it is less
confusing until this feature is implemented.

On issue 156 a hack is mentioned to be able to at least start or end on
such roads. If someone has time we could try that on routing.osm.ch, but
it still would not be a perfect solution.

Michael