[talk-ch] Swiss Parks

Sun Apr 10 22:08:19 CEST 2016

Hello fellow mappers

I received a question from the Swiss Parks Network [1] why only the
federal park was displayed on the map on osm.org
Turns out this is a long discussed problem:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/603

Now it seems as a tagging for the renderer (evil [2]) most communities
use additionally leisure=nature_reserve [3] which is too broad in my
opinion, but it does not collide with existing tags and does not seem to
be wrong.

Would someone oppose the addition of leisure=nature_reserve to the 15
"Parks of national importance" (which is not the same as a national
park, would be too easy) listed by the Swiss Parks Network

By the way they they were so kind to provide me with the changes to some
of the park boundaries for 2016, which I updated some weeks ago.

Have a nice week
Michael

[1] http://paerke.ch
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tagging_for_the_renderer