[talk-ch] Address / POI convention

szeta at gmx.net szeta at gmx.net
Wed Sep 30 00:27:48 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have a question on the best practice of using addr: tags.
They are usually attached to the building.
If such a building contains a point of interest (e.g. restaurant), the restaurant may or may not have its own “addr:” tag.

What is the recommended way of handling this?
I am aware of services like Nominatim. But I see some advantages if the address is stored directly to the POI. E.g. search results can return the address without using additional lookups.

Thanks
Ralph