[talk-ch] boundary and river node merge

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Aug 3 16:35:16 CEST 2012

The only merging I do and find acceptable is landuse to landuse. But
please not to roads, buildings and similar.

I've been toying with the idea of proposing a seperate (but still
editable by normal OSM mebers) database for boundary data. Since we all
will have to change to 64bit ID databases rsn, we would now have the
opportunity of chopping of a couple of high bits as separate ID spaces
which would make it trivial to use the same infrastructure and keep the
data mergable without id conflicts. A bit hackish I admit but really
easy to do.

Simon