[talk-ch] All those signposted routes

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Sat Oct 15 12:38:24 CEST 2011

Salut,

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 10:41:39AM +0200, datendelphin wrote:
> Great! Very useful, thank you. Because of your announcement, I mapped
> yesterday the beginning of route 66, Zentralschweiz Skate. It is
> relation 1792047. Now I saw that a relation 149011 exists. Need I to add
> it to this relation? looks like a bookmark to me, not that useful.

The map ignores these network relations and, personally speaking,
I don't like them very much. But some people insist that they need
them to be able to pull all routes at once from the database. So,
I'd say, adding your new relation is optional.

> Also, what is with the network tag? again needed for national/local
> distinguishing? But the other relations still carry the cycling network
> tag. perhaps replace the ncn with national and rcn with regional?

Yes, that would be a good idea. We discussed something similar
on the IRC yesterday and so far, everybody seems to like
national/regional/local as a value.

At the moment the map recognizes ncn/rcn/lcn because it's what the
Wiki says at the moment. But if somebody would write a short mail
to the tagging mailinglist and change the wiki, I'll happily fix
the map.

Sarah